Do you consider yourself as an ambitious fashion designer? Harper’s Bazaar Vietnam NewGen Fashion Award 2020 could be a chance for you to shine.
Join us and become the winner of the year. With this award, you will become Vietnamese representatives to participate in the Harper's Bazaar Asia NewGen Fashion Award in October 2020. Only the most talented candidates have a chance to display their ideas on the runway. Are you confident enough?
Closing date for submitting entries is February 28, 2020.
Fashion Designer Le Hoang Son, runner-up of Harper’s Bazaar Asia NewGen Fashion Award 2019
All sketchs and materials should also be suitable for the Spring-Summer 2021. The selected fabric must be available in the market and transferable into real garments.
The judging pannel of Harper’s Bazaar Asia NewGen 2019, including Ms. India Plumbly from Swarovski; and Ria Lirungan, the Editor-in-chief of Harper’s Bazaar Indonesia.
2 winners: the two winners of Harper’s Bazaar Vietnam NewGen Fashion Award 2020 will represent Vietnam to attended Harper’s Bazaar Asia NewGen Fashion Award 2020. This year's competition will take place in Indonesia.
A Best Idea Award: A scholarship of VND100,000,000 to study at the London College for Design & Fashion – Hanoi.
A Best Material Award: a scholarship of 70,000,000 VND to study at London College for Design & Fashion - Hanoi.
a People's Choice Award
The eight contestants at Harper’s Bazaar Asia NewGen 2019.
- Copyright: The sketches must be original and have never been published.
- Submission includes:
- Minimum 5 designs, maximum 8 designs.
- Sketches will be drawn on A3 paper size (420 x 297) and must be portrait
- The sketches must be in color and each sketch is made on one sheet of paper only
- Front and back view of the design must be shown clearly on separate pages
- Number your sketch on the top left of the paper
- State your information on the bottom-right of the backview of the design, including your Full name; Year of Birth; email and phone number.
- Additional submission includes: Ideas or mood board, customer profile, fabric boards and trims (if any).
- A4 report (preferably in English) includes:
- The collection’s name
- A brief description of your design (no more than 200 words)
- A business plan
- Additional images (if applicable): high quality images (at least 300 dpi) of any previous works or collections that you’ve created
3. Closing date and address for submission:
All submissions must be submitted by February 28, 2019 to the following address:
LONDON COLLEGE FOR DESIGN & FASHION - HANOI
98 To Ngoc Van, Tay Ho District, Hanoi
Entries can be submitted directly at the above address or by mail.
- Participants must be Vietnamese citizens aged 16 to 28.
- Participants who are selected for the final round will produce the designs in to real garments.
- All works must be submitted before the final judgements. After the submission, participants will not receive the designs back until the final judgments are made.
- Finalists must strictly follow all appointments, interviews, deadlines, fitting, rehearsal and other meetings related to the competition.
- Winners will be nomitated to attend Harper’s Bazaar Asia NewGen Fashion Award in Indonesia in October 2020 and will be sponsored the cost for accomodation and travel to Indonesia.
Designer Hoang Minh Ha presented his collection at Harper’s Bazaar Asia NewGen 2019
Closing date for submission: February 28, 2020
1st round: The results will be announced on March 15, 2020. The 15 best designs will be selected for Round 2.
2nd round: 6 best designs will be selected and 01 People Choice Award will be announced on March 31, 2020. The 6 designs will be produced into the real garments and business plan must be prepared for final presentation.
Final round: will be expected in June 2020. The real outfits will be displayed to the public. Prizes will be awarded at the end of the ceremony. The two winners will represent Vietnam to attend the Harper’s Bazaar Asia NewGen Fashion Award in Indonesia in October 2020.
A contestant presented her degisn at Harper’s Bazaar Asia NewGen Fashion Award 2019
6. Judging Pannel:
Professor Douglas Maclennan - Executive Dean (External Relations)- London College for Design & Fashion – Hanoi
Ms. Vivienne Austin - MA, Fashion and Environment - Central Saint Martin, UK
Nicky Vu - Fashion designer, MA, Sustainable Fashion - Central Saint Martin, UK
Tran Nguyen Thien Hương - CEO, Harper’s Bazaar Vietnam
7. Candiates' rights
The most impressive designs will be featured on Harper’s Bazaar Vietnam.
The finalists will receive financial support for the real garments production from Harper's Bazaar Vietnam.
Final garments and business plan will be supported with tutorials by the London College for Design & Fashion - Hanoi.
All submissions are non-returnable
All designs in final round will be belonged to the Organiser of the competition
A close up look of a design at Bazaar Asia NewGen 2019
Sources: Harper’s Bazaar Việt Nam